The guts of the machine were also tweaked. The powerful V4 engine was tuned to offer the rider more control; the frame was streamlined for weight savings. Furthermore, to optimize the overall balance of the bike, the heavier components were repositioned more centrally on the frame. Roberts started out the season with a 6th place finish in South Africa. He went on to take strong victories at the following Malaysian, Spanish, and Catalunya Grand Prix, and secure his position as point's leader. Roberts went on to brilliantly clinch the championship title by the close of the 14th Grand Prix in Brazil, with two races still left to go in the season.
About the model
- Scale: 1/12, overall length: 168mm, overall width: 52mm, overall height: 95mm.
- Kit features all the major points of the 2000 machine such as seat cowl which consists of 2 separate removable components just like its full scale counterpart, 12 spoked wheels, front and rear suspension, and screen.
- Upper cowl is formed in one piece by a slide mold. Both of the upper and under cowls are removable after completion.
- The powerful V-type 4-cylinder engine is reproduced precisely.
- Frame and swing arms are finished in flat metallic.
- Decals are included for Kenny Roberts, Jr.'s and Nobuatsu Aoki's motorcycles.
- Racing slick tires are authentically reproduced with solid rubber.