With 1,354 models produced by August 1944, the Tiger went through many variations. The characteristics of early production Tigers included gun port on the side of turret and front fender composed of a skidproof-board. Other distinguishing features included, "Feifel" air pre-cleaners for desert use, the storage box behind the turret, and fenders on both hull sides. The distinctive feature of Tiger I tanks serving in sPzAbt 501 (501 heavy tank battalion) was the exhaust cover with heat dissipation slit.
About the Model
- Professionally finished model of the German Tiger I Initial Production heavy tank, pre-painted with markings pre-applied.
- Desert paint scheme is expertly weathered for a life-like display.
- Pad-printed markings depict Turret No.823 belonging to the 8th Company of sPzAbt 501. In addition, these markings are not available with the kit version, making this a great collectible.
- Die-cast chassis provides a sense of volume for enhanced realism.
- Includes special numbered display base with nameplate.