The characteristics of early production Tigers included gun port on the side of turret and front fender composed of a skidproof-board. In addition, there were ?Feifel? air pre-cleaners for desert use, the storage box behind the turret and fenders on both hull sides. The distinctive feature of Tiger I tanks serving in sPzAbt 501 (501 heavy tank battalion) was the exhaust cover with the heat dissipation slit.
About the model
- 1/48 scale replica of the Initial production Tiger I featuring 1/35 Military Miniature series detail. Overall length: 175mm, Overall width: 78mm.
- Includes parts to accurately depict Initial production Tiger I serving in North Africa, such as gun port, exhaust cover, storage box, fenders and air filters.
- Includes die-cast chassis for extra weight and realism.
- Comes with commander figure and 2 sets of markings.
- Tank treads are assembly type, with straight upper and lower treads made of single piece for easy assembly.