anti-tank gun, that was much more effective than the original 75mm gun, capable of penetrating a Tiger I?s frontal armor at over 1,000 meters using regular ammunition. The majority of Fireflies were adapted from M4A4 tanks, designated Sherman V by the British, while some were made using the earlier M4, or Sherman I in British usage. Vehicles rearmed with a 17 pdr. gun were given the suffix C, with the resulting units being Sherman VC and Sherman IC.
About the model
- Detailed 1/48 assembly model kit of the British Sherman IC Firefly.
- Overall length 151mm.
- Features both hull-mounted and separately molded tools and accessories.
- New parts accurately depict sharp nose type gear housings at hull front.
- Assembly type tracks with straight parts made of single pieces.
- Die-cast hull adds weight and realism.