This heavy tank, weighing around 45 tons with crew of five, was armed with 76.2mm main gun and two MGs. The armament was considered heavy for 1940, but by 1943 the main gun lacked punching power against new Panthers and Tigers. Although production of the KV-1 series ended in July 1941, the tank was active throughout the conflict, and the basic ideas were later incorporated in modern tanks of the Soviet Union and other nations.
About the model
- Detailed 1/48 assembly model kit of the Russian KV-1 Heavy Tank.
- Overall length 141mm. Includes diecast chassis for added weight and realism.
- The unique and powerful form of this tank has been accurately replicated.
- Assembly type tracks comes with straight parts made of single pieces.
- Includes 3 sets of markings (planned).
- Recommended for use with Item 32521 1/48 WWII Russian Infantry and Tank Crew Set.