The superstructure was redesigned and an MG42 machine gun with shield, commander's vision cupola and smoke dischargers were also added. Armed with a more powerful, long barreled 75mm L/48 gun, the Ausf.G was assigned the role of a tank destroyer rather than that of an assault gun. The StuH type-42 variant mounted a 105mm howitzer on the StugG III Ausf.G chassis and was developed to fulfill the StuG III's original role of infantry support.
About the Model
- 1/48 assembly model of the Sturmgeschutz III Ausf.G, with newly molded upper body to accurately depict type G?s redesigned superstructure
- Extra parts allow choice of Ausf.G?s distinctive cast-type gun mantlet or normal welded type
- Kit includes 75mm L/48 gun
- Die-cast lower hull for extra weight and enhanced realism
- Kit includes 1 commander figure (torso)
- Choice of 4 sets of markings (planned)