Along with its unmistakeable shape featuring inverted gull wings and fixed landing gear, and despite the fact that only a small number of planes were actually fitted with them, the Ju-87 would also be forever associated with the sound of wailing sirens as the planes dove toward their targets. Their dive-bombing attacks served to support the German army?s Blitzkreig tactics, and were also very effective against ship targets. It was used mainly in the ground-attack role to good effect. However devastating their ground-attack capabilities were, they were slow and became easy targets for Allied fighters as the Luftwaffe gradually lost air superiority.
About the Model
- Re-packaged version of a plastic model kit originally manufactured by Italeri.
- 1/72 scale assembly kit display model of the Junkers Ju-87 B-2/R-2 Stuka dive bomber.
- Distinctive form of the Stuka including inverted gull wings and fairings for the fixed landing gear accurately reproduced.
- 2 types of air intake included to depict the different variants.
- Detailed parts included for 1 250kg bomb and 4 50kg bombs to depict fully loaded B-2 variant.
- Fuel tank parts included to allow depiction of long-range R-2 variant as well.
- Comes with 3 types of markings for aircraft belonging to units in North Africa and Russia.