However, Hitler issued strict contrary orders prioritizing the deployment of the A-2a fighter/bomber version of the Me262. In June 1944, deployment of the A-2a fighter/bomber began. The A-2a was equipped with only two 30mm MK108 guns (compared to the A-1a's four guns) but had an extra fuel tank in the rear part of its fuselage and could carry up to a 1-ton payload of bombs. The Me262 A-2a would see active service up till the end of World War II.
The Me262 was the first jet fighter to ever be deployed into combat. Now, Tamiya is proud to present a 1/48 scale model of this revolutionary jet along with Tamiya's first ever 1/48 scale military ground vehicle, the Kettenkraftrad.
Messerschmitt Me262 A-2a Features
- Tamiya presents a scale model of the German Airforce's (Luftwaffe's) Me262 A-2a Fighter/Bomber jet.
- 1/48 scale, total height: 221mm, total width: 264mm.
- Form of the Me262, with its swept-back wings and attached engine pods has been faithfully recreated in this model.
- Details of the cockpit and 30mm cannons have also been accurately portrayed. Canopy and cannon covers can be assembled opened or closed.
- Two types of bomb racks are available for assembly. Replicas of two 250-pound bombs and two take-off assistance booster rockets have been provided in kit.
- Front landing gear bay has been made of die-cast aluminum and is weighted for balance.
- Kit features 1/48 scale Kettenkraftrad towing vehicle.
- 3 pilot and ground crew figures included. Kit also features decals for recreation of 3 different planes.
- 1/48 scale, total length: 65mm, total height: 21mm.
- Authentic scale model of the unique Kettenkraftrad ground vehicle.
- Front wheel and caterpillar tracks crisply recreated without sparing the slightest detail.