Well, that is until now. Tamiya promises to satisfy with the Masterwork Collection Series. Hand crafted to precision and touch-up friendly, this series promises to be a hit amongst beginner and expert modelers alike.
About the REPSOL Honda RC211V
2002 saw a major change in WGP. Big size 990cc 4-stroke motorcycles were given the green light to race with 500cc 2-stroke motorcycles in the top category of the MotoGP class. Honda entered the 4-stroke RC211V in this class in which harsh competition was expected. This revolutionary machine was equipped with a unique V5 engine mounted on an aluminum twin tube frame and state-of-the-art "Unit Pro-Link" suspension. Riding the Repsol Honda RC211V, Valentino Rossi won 11 of 17 season races and his teammate Tohru Ukawa took the victory in the South Africa Grand-Prix resulting in Rider Title for Rossi and Maker Title for Honda.
About the model
- 1/12 scale model, Overall length: 172mm, Overall width: 56mm.
- This model represents Valentino Rossi's number 46 motorcycle.
- The two-stroke, V5 engine has been replicated to perfection.
- Every characteristic of the actual Honda RC211V such as the fuel tank placed under a protective cowling and the innovative exhaust pipe layout has been accurately replicated.
- Engine and suspension assembly on frame imitates that of the actual motorcycle.
- Upper and seat cowling, and duct cover areas can be affixed/or detached via tiny, precision-made screws even after completion.
- Frame and swing arms are reproduced with high quality metal plated parts.