The first 50 models featured a Porsche designed turret, however in mass production runs a Henschel design turret was adopted. Designed for defense and attack, the King Tiger featured thick 150mm armor on the front and 80mm armor on the sides, and a 88mm L71 high velocity main gun capable of penetrating 170mm thick armor at a distance of 1,000m. Auxiliary armament included two 7.92mm machine guns mounted on the front hull section and on the turret. The extremely thick armor on the turret front measured 185mm and 88mm on the side panels.This massive tank was driven by a 700hp Maybach HL230 P-30 12 cylinder liquid cooled engine.
About the model
- Detailed 1/48 assembly model kit of the King Tiger (Production Turret).
- Separately molded crew hatches can open and close.
- Die-cast lower hull adds weight and realism.
- Assembly type tracks come with straight parts made of single pieces.
- Includes 3 sets of markings.